Orion Looks to Make Video Game Streaming Better Than Ever Before
During their E3 2019 press conference Bethesda shared some all new technology called Orion. If you’re someone who loves to stream or maybe even watch streamers, then this is something to get excited about. Why? Well this brand new software set to help developers to optimize their games for the purposes of streaming.
This Orion software will allow streaming options on the PlayStation, Xbox, as well as the Google Stadia. Now if you’re curious about the technology for yourself, Bethesda will allow players to play DOOM (2016) running at native 4K and 60 frames per second, on which platform you choose to do so, later this year. To become one of the selected players to try it all out, all you have to do to try it out for yourself is register at Slayersclub.com.
This Orion technology is designed to reduce the latency, bandwidth and computing power needed to deliver a solid experience when streaming video games. Of course, if you’re looking to really see what Orion brings to the table, here’s a list of benefits, straight from Bethesda:
- Major Performance Benefits: Integrated within the game engine itself, Orion can achieve dramatic latency reductions of up to 20% per frame plus up to 40% less bandwidth required.
- Complementary Technology: Orion’s software innovations work seamlessly with nearly any game, game engine, or streaming provider, making Orion’s incredible performance benefits an additive benefit to innovations in hardware and connectivity from streaming providers.
- A Better Streaming Experience for Players: A game using Orion offers high-speed performance with imperceptible latency, even in a twitchy shooter; lower usage against ISP bandwidth caps; and a wider availability, making quality play available to players living far from data centers.
- Flawless Execution and Ease of Use for Developers: The Orion SDK is easily integrated into almost any game, which means developers can deliver best-in-class experiences to players through streaming, with minimal additional development effort.
- Lower Costs, Wider Reach for Streaming Providers: Orion can help providers reach larger audiences, at reduced costs, with a superior level of service. Orion makes possible substantially reduced capital investments in data centers, and can materially lower the cost of operating a streaming service.
So what do you think about this new announcement? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below and don’t forget to keep it locked for everything E3 related all week long!
The post Bethesda Announces Software Called Orion That Is Set to Revitalize Video Game Streaming appeared first on COGconnected.
CLICK HERE IF MEDIA / VIDEO / TRAILER IS MISSING:
Bethesda Announces Software Called Orion That Is Set to Revitalize Video Game Streaming