Skater XL Song Artists Include many Chart Topers
As a Skate Punk enthusiast in my youth, I am always stoked to see the soundtracks released for skateboard video games. Skater XL is no exception, and it did not disappoint. Skater XL takes pride in giving players unparalleled freedom in expression while skateboarding and they wanted their songs to reflect this. Each band was chosen because they have a sound that blends well with the gameplay and street vibe.
Jeff Goforth, Marketing Director or Easy Day Studios said that the company “really wanted the soundtrack to reflect skateboarding culture, as well as pay homage to some of the artists that provided the soundtracks to some of the most influential skate videos of all time”. The list of artists on the soundtrack include:
- Modest Mouse: The band formed in the mid-90s and became a hit with the punk-inspired rawness and lo-fi post-rock sound. They are best known for their platinum-selling album Good News for People Who Love Bad News released in 2005.
- Band of Horses: An indie rock band from the ’00s, Band of Horses has a woodsy midtempo rock feel and are best known for the album Everything All the Time.
- Getter: Getter is one of many of Tanner Petulla’s projects. This genre-blending music features rhythmic baselines.
- Interpol: This indie rock band emerged in the early 2000s and helped to kick-start post-punk.
- Future Islands: An band known for inserting cookie monster vocals into electropop songs during live performances. The band got their start in 2003 while attending East Carolina University’s art program.
- Animal Collective: Animal Collective has been making music for 15 years, has 10 studio records, and three live records. Their music combines a love of “sonic free form electronic horror gospel hip hop soul pop madness”.
- Silversun Pickups: They are a Los Angeles alternative rock band, who debuted in 2005. Their best known song is Swoon, which was released in 2009.
- Starheadbody: Starheadbody is a music collective established by professional skateboarder Evan Smith, which features experimental compositions.
- Built To Spill: This band was among the most popular indie rock bands of the ’90s. Their sound is a middle ground between postmodern, Pavement-style pop, and loose jamming.
- Cende: This trio started playing together in 2013 before becoming known as an indie rock band delivering power pop.
- Kratos Himself: Known for moody soundscapes inspired by the forest and countrysides of his home.
- The Shivas: Known for their explosive live shows, which dissolve the barrier between the performers and the audience.
- Westkust: A Swedish indie pop band that features yearning vocals and swirling melodies.
This list features some of my personal favourite bands and includes some that I want to learn more about. It will make a great summer soundtrack as we await the release of Skater XL, which will launch July 28th, 2020 .
SOURCE: Press Release
CLICK HERE FOR ORIGINAL POST IF MEDIA / VIDEO / TRAILER IS MISSING:
Epic Skater XL Soundtrack Revealed