If They Don’t Win It This Upcoming Season Then At Least They Won It in NHL 19
The Toronto Maple Leafs ended their 51-year Stanley Cup drought in an official simulation run in NHL 19 that was held just before the upcoming NHL 2018-19 season begins next week.
The simulation had the Leafs facing off against the San Jose Sharks in the 2019 Stanley Cup Final and also included other interesting predictions:
- Following an off-season full of rumors and uncertainty surrounding his future in Ottawa, Erik Karlsson settled down with his new team, leading the Sharks to the Stanley Cup Final and claiming his third James Norris Memorial Trophy, as the league’s best defenseman.
- Former NHL 18 cover athlete Connor McDavid continued to dominate the league, taking home the Hart Memorial Trophy (league MVP) and Art Ross Trophy (scoring champion).
- The Vegas Golden Knights proved to be more than a one-year-wonder, claiming the Presidents Trophy thanks to a league-high 118 points.
- Led by NHL 19 cover star P.K. Subban, the Nashville Predators again made a deep run into the playoffs, before losing in the Western Conference Final to San Jose.
- Powered by #1 overall pick and Calder Memorial Trophy winner Rasmus Dahlin, the Buffalo Sabres returned to the Stanley Cup Playoffs for the first time since the 2010-11 season.
If you’re interested in buying NHL 19 then you should read our review of it beforehand.
What do you think of these predictions? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.
SOURCE: Press release
The post Long-Suffering Toronto Maple Leafs Win Stanley Cup in NHL 19 Simulation appeared first on COGconnected.
CLICK HERE IF MEDIA / VIDEO / TRAILER IS MISSING:
Long-Suffering Toronto Maple Leafs Win Stanley Cup in NHL 19 Simulation