Call of Duty 2019 Campaign Hinted at in New Job Listing
In a move that shocked many fans of the Call of Duty franchise, Treyarch announced that there will be no campaign for Black Ops 4. In an effort to make the other areas of the game great, multiplayer, zombies, and blackout, Treyarch decided to ditch the campaign for the first time in franchise history. If you were worried about the future of the COD series fret not, because a new job listing has appeared on the Infinity Ward job page suggesting that Call of Duty 2019 will indeed have a campaign mode.
The job listing calls for a “Narrative Scripter” which would be someone who “has a strong desire to bring life to game characters through naturalistic and cinematic implementation of vocal performance.” Of course, this may not exactly be confirmation of a campaign, however Treyarch has previously mentioned that Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 does not mark the end of campaigns for the franchise. At this point, it seems pretty likely there will be a campaign for next year’s Call of Duty.
While many criticized the game for being too futuristic, a lot of COD fans were impressed by the captivating campaign told in Infinite Warfare. As a result, it’s not surprising that Infinity Ward would be working towards delivering another engrossing story for their next game. Interestingly, the job listing also hints that the game may launch for next-gen consoles as well.
While nothing else has been revealed through the job listing, it does go into a lot of detail about what the developer is looking for in their ideal candidate. You can check out the listing below.
“Come work with the game industry’s brightest on a new, exciting, unannounced title for multiple next gen platforms. In this hands-on role, you’ll collaborate with scripters, sound designers, writers, and directors to implement voice-over performances in-game across a wide variety of player experiences – from combat to set-pieces.”
- A cinematic ear for dialogue pacing.
- A strong desire to bring life to game characters through naturalistic and cinematic implementation of vocal performance.
- A strong interest and passion for First Person Shooter (FPS) games
- The ability to dissect and discuss level design in recent games.
- A broad understanding of both multiplayer and single player game design.
- Familiarity with game editor tools such as Radiant, Unreal, Unity or Crytek Editors a plus.
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python, Lua, or similar scripting language.
- Self-motivated with excellent problem solving skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Prior internship or game development experience a plus.
Are you excited about this latest development for Call of Duty 2019? Where are you hoping the campaign takes us next year? Let us know in the comments below and don’t forget to keep it locked for updates!
The post New Job Listing Reveals That Call of Duty 2019 Will Likely Have a Campaign appeared first on COGconnected.
CLICK HERE IF MEDIA / VIDEO / TRAILER IS MISSING:
New Job Listing Reveals That Call of Duty 2019 Will Likely Have a Campaign