Literally, Here’s What Comes Next in the Sci-Fi Adventure
Hello Games has brought a new trailer showcasing the next leap in their procedurally-generated space sandbox, No Man’s Sky. No Man’s Sky Next, as the update it is called, will facilitate co-op gameplay and bring a slew of new features.
When No Man’s Sky originally debuted, Sean Murray and the team packed the announcement with a ton of promises. Upon the game’s launch, despite the unlimited sandbox, the experience proved limited in its activities. But since then, we’ve seen a variety of free updates that have improved gameplay and quality of life. With No Man’s Sky Next, there will be plenty more activities for players to enjoy and do so together.
amzn_assoc_placement = “adunit0”;
amzn_assoc_search_bar = “true”;
amzn_assoc_tracking_id = “cogc-20”;
amzn_assoc_search_bar_position = “bottom”;
amzn_assoc_ad_mode = “search”;
amzn_assoc_ad_type = “smart”;
amzn_assoc_marketplace = “amazon”;
amzn_assoc_region = “US”;
amzn_assoc_title = “Shop Related Products”;
amzn_assoc_default_search_phrase = “No Man’s Sky”;
amzn_assoc_default_category = “All”;
amzn_assoc_linkid = “d3f8601ad30f3bf806009bc0c583e8dd”;
The key pillars of the next No Man’s Sky update—as previewed in the trailer—are that of multiplayer, base building, upgraded visuals, and fleet personalization. Per the PlayStation Blog, the changes are outlined as follows:
- Team-up with a small group of friends and explore the universe together, or be joined by random travelers.
- You can help friends to stay alive, or prey on others to survive.
- Tiny shelters or complex colonies that you build as a team are shared for all players.
- Fight as a pirate or a wingman in epic space battles with friends and enemies.
- Race exocraft across weird alien terrains, creating race tracks and trails to share online.
- Character customisation allows you to personalise your appearance.
- The game is fully playable in third- or first- person, both on-foot and in ship.
- Planetary rings and improved space visuals make space more beautiful than ever.
- Dramatically improved planetary terrain generation, ground textures, water and clouds bring the environment to life.
- Significantly more detail added to ships, NPCs and buildings.
Unlimited Base Building
- Bases can now be built anywhere on any planet.
- Dramatically increased base-building complexity and size limits.
- Hundreds of new base parts.
- Own multiple bases
- Assemble and upgrade a fleet of frigates and command them from the bridge of your freighter.
- Send your fleet out to into the universe, or deploy them to help you as you explore a specific system.
- Improved freighter base building allows a truly custom capital ship.
- Invite your friends aboard and take on challenging multiplayer missions from the Galactic Commission Station on your bridge.
No Man’s Sky Next will arrive as a free update for the PlayStation 4 and PC on July 24th. On the same day, the game and its string of updated content shall launch on the Xbox One.
SOURCE: PS Blog
The post ‘No Man’s Sky Next’ Looks Better Than the Original Vision appeared first on COGconnected.
CLICK HERE IF MEDIA / VIDEO / TRAILER IS MISSING:
‘No Man’s Sky Next’ Looks Better Than the Original Vision