Pokemon Have Never Been So Eager to Be Caught
Summer is the season of beaches, picnics, and catching Pokemon, so Niantic is giving trainers a chance to get started on the sunny festivities with the Extraordinary Raid Week.
Starting Tuesday, May 21st at 1pm PT/4pm ET until Tuesday, May 28th at the same time, trainers will be able to participate in four raid tiers that offer double stardust, double raid XP and double Raid Passes each day. They’ll also get a chance to snag a shiny Bronzor, and a special Lapras raid will be available between 11am and 2pm on May 25th (26th in the Asia-Pacific region) where trainers can get up to 5 free Raid Passes. The four tiers of raids include:
- Level one: Machop, Slakoth, Shinx, Bronzor.
- Level two: Misdreavus, Kirlia, Mawile, Feebas, Clamperl, Bibarel.
- Level three: Alolan Raichu, Chansey, Scyther, Aerodactyl, Floatzel.
- Level four: Alolan Marowak, Dragonite, Tyranitar, Absol, Metagross.
Additionally on May 22nd from 6pm to 7pm, a special raid hour where each raid level will have a higher chance of appearing will take place.
But wait, there’s more!
A handful of Pokemon from the Sinnoh region have made their way to the game including Cherubi, Gible, Hippopotas, “and others,” as well as a new ground-type move, Earth Power.
Also, thanks to trainers “helping Professor Willow with his research,” he’s made some improvements to the Lure Module, resulting in a few new types of lures designed to attract specific types of Pokemon.
- Glacial Lure Modules attract certain Pokémon that love the cold, such as Water- and Ice-Type Pokémon.
- Mossy Lure Modules attract certain Pokémon that love to frolic among the leaves, such as Bug-, Grass-, and Poison-Type Pokémon.
- Magnetic Lure Modules attract certain Pokémon that are drawn to electromagnetic forces, such as some Electric-, Steel-, and Rock-type Pokémon.
Also also, when trainers spin the photo disc on a Pokestop with the appropriate lure, evolutions of Magneton, Nosepass, and Eevee will become available.
Pokemon GO’s Detective Pikachu event has just ended today, and earlier this week a new Pokemon Rumble Rush game launched for mobile, with another from DeNA set to be on the way. I’ve gotta tell you, there’s really never been a better time to be a Pokemon fan – with the possible exception of the real beginning of Pokemania back in the late 90s.
The post Pokemon GO Kicks Off an Eventful Summer with an Extraordinary Raid Week appeared first on COGconnected.
CLICK HERE IF MEDIA / VIDEO / TRAILER IS MISSING:
Pokemon GO Kicks Off an Eventful Summer with an Extraordinary Raid Week