Solo: A Star Wars Story‘s run in theaters is almost over. With just $211 million earned in the domestic box office, Solo is the least successful Star Wars film to date. No one knows exactly why the movie didn’t bring people into theaters, but leading up to its release, the internet was overflowing with people complaining about Star Wars fatigue, not wanting a Han Solo origin story, and hating The Last Jedi so much that they were done with Star Wars entirely. The excitement for George Lucas’ galaxy far, far away just isn’t there right now. We’ll have to wait to see if J. J. Abrams can reignite the spark with 2019’s Star Wars: Episode IX.
If you missed Solo in theaters (and we know many of you did), the film is heading home this September, starting with a digital release (in HD and 4K Ultra HD) on September 14. If you want to add it to your collection, the Blu-ray 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and DVD versions hit store shelves on September 25.
Here are all of the bonus features you’ll find on the disc:
- Solo: The Director & Cast Roundtable — Sit down with director Ron Howard and the stars for an intimate and entertaining discussion of the film’s making.
- Team Chewie — See what it takes to bring your favorite Wookiee to life in this lighthearted look behind the scenes.
- Kasdan on Kasdan — Iconic Star Wars screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan and son Jonathan share what it was like to write the movie’s script together.
- Remaking the Millennium Falcon –Track the transformation of the most famous ship in the galaxy, from Lando’s swank and impeccable pride and joy to Han’s stripped-down hot-rod freighter with “special modifications.”
- Escape from Corellia — Get behind the wheel for the making of this high-octane chase through the streets of Corellia.
- The Train Heist — Explore the challenges and thrills of creating this action-packed sequence, including its remote location and spectacular effects.
- Becoming a Droid: L3-37 — Meet the newest droid—and the talented actor who helps bring her to life.
- Scoundrels, Droids, Creatures and Cards: Welcome to Fort Ypso –Take an in-depth tour of the rough-and-tumble bar where strangers mix and gamblers risk all in the legendary card game, Sabaac.
- Into the Maelstrom: The Kessel Run –Join Han and Chewie at the controls of the Millennium Falcon to see how this legendary moment in Star Wars history unfolds.
- The Millennium Falcon: From Page to Park — In an exclusive bonus feature available as a digital code with the Target release, you can get a look at the history of the most famous ship in the galaxy, its origin and development, and how it will translate in one of the most anticipated expansions in Disneyland’s history.
- Deleted Scenes:
- Proxima’s Den
- Corellian Foot Chase
- Han Solo: Imperial Cadet
- The Battle of Mimban: Extended
- Han Versus Chewie: Extended
- Snowball Fight!
- Meet Dryden: Extended
- Coaxium Double-Cross
The deleted scene I am most curious to see is Han as an Imperial cadet. Ron Howard shot a significant amount of footage of Han as a pilot, and none of it made it to the silver screen. The deleted scene that worries me the most is “Snowball Fight!” That just sounds like it lives in the same realm as Anakin riding that field bug while hanging out with Padme.
If you didn’t see Solo in theaters, please leave a comment below detailing why. We’d love to get a better idea of why our readers turned their backs on it.
CLICK HERE IF MEDIA / VIDEO / TRAILER IS MISSING:
Solo: A Star Wars Story Heads Home On Blu-Ray And Digital This September