Shadow of War Looks for Second Life in the Definitive Edition
Following the recent removal of the game’s microtransactions and accompanying market, Warner Bros. has announced a definitive edition of Middle Earth: Shadow of War complete with all of the title’s post-launch content.
Not to be confused with the Silver Edition or Gold Edition, the Definitive Edition includes the main game and full expansion pass (which, actually in the Gold Edition, so I can see how that would be confusing), and a handful of improvements that have been implemented over the course of the game’s life since releasing late last year:
- Market Closure – Complete removal of the market and microtransactions.
- Updated Post-Game – Streamlined post-game Epilogue (formerly Shadow Wars) with new narration from Shelob, the Witch-king and Dark Talion, plus new Masks of the Nazgûl player rewards.
- Nemesis System Enhancements – Numerous improvements bringing further depth to combat encounters and player interactions, along with added traits and behaviors for Orc enemies, more Legendary Orcs to encounter and more ways to get Training Orders.
- Powering Up – Follower level cap has been increased to 80, enemy Captain level cap has been increased to 85, greater XP rewards, new Prestige skills, upgrades and more.
- Gear Upgrades – Players can now use Mirian to raise the level of a piece of gear to their current level and use gems to re-roll abilities.
- Skins – Added player skins for Celebrimbor, Eltariel, Dark Eltariel, Baranor and Serka.
- Online Pit Fights & Conquests – Added search feature to challenge specific players’ Overlords and fortresses in Friendly Mode.
- Endless Siege – Added feature to defend fortresses against never-ending waves of Sauron’s forces.
- Rebellion – Added feature to crush rebel Ologs and Uruks who undermine the Bright Lord.
- Photo Mode Upgrades – Capture every battle with new filters, frames and textures.
- Difficulty Levels – Added Brutal and Gravewalker difficulty levels.
- Player Stats – Added player stats page to track in-game enemy kills, dominations and betrayals.
The post Warner Bros. Announces Shadow of War Definitive Edition appeared first on COGconnected.
CLICK HERE IF MEDIA / VIDEO / TRAILER IS MISSING:
Warner Bros. Announces Shadow of War Definitive Edition